A WIP media center application for the Playstation Vita.
Traveling for work at the moment and was looking for a small vita application to work on.
So far i have added support for Vitas native mp4 video formats.
- MPEG-4 Simple Profile Level 6, Maximum 1280 ? 720 pixels, AAC
- H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Baseline/Main/High Profile Level 4.0, Maximum 1920 ? 1080p, AAC
both video and audio must be compatible or the video simply wont play.
- local playback only, from 'ux0:/data/media center/videos/', so all videos must be placed in this directory.
I will remove this restriction next, to allow for file browsing in all safe locations.
- limited gamepad support. not ideal for VitaTV yet, but basic playback and video selection is still achievable via gamepad.
Its called Frying Master originaly made for Android its fully converted for the PS Vita, Its playable with Gyroscope or Vita's Joystick and buttons. The game is inspired by a mini game from "Super Mario Party" it has two modes, endless where you have to cook patties before the time limit and 4 sides where you have to cook all four sides of a steak and make a high score.
- Left joystick: Controls the pan.
- [cross] or touch: Flips steak.
- Gyroscope Controls the pan.
- Sudden upward movement of the device flips the steak (Device flick).
This is my Switch and Vita port of the classic multiplayer-only MS-DOS game Jump'n'Bump by Brainchild Design, based on the SDL2 port by @felixhaedicke.
Jump'n'Bump is a simple but addictive multiplayer game. The goal is to stomp as many other rabbits as possible to win the game.
- Thanks to my supporters on Patreon: Andyways, CountDuckula, Greg Gibson, Jesse Harlin, Ozgur Karter, Matthew Machnee, and RadicalR.
- Thanks to the many developers of the game, such as Mattias Brynervall, Andreas Brynervall, Anders Nilsson, and many more.
- Thanks to Felix Haedicke for porting the game to SDL2 and Cmake.
- Physical keyboard support via Bluetooth.
- Left analog / [pad] = move the character, up to four controllers are supported
- [cross]/ [circle]/ [square]/ [triangle] = Jump
- [select]/[start] = ESC (restart game/advance through statistic screens)
- [r]/[l] = toggle aspect ratio between original (default), 4:3, and 16:9
Physical keyboard controls via Bluetooth (Vita):
- Cursor keys = white rabbit move and jump
- a d w = yellow rabbit move and jump
- i j l = gray rabbit move and jump
- Keypad 4 / 8 / 6 = brown rabbit move and jump
*modoru* means "to go back" in Japanese and is a downgrader for the *PS Vita*.
- Your device must already run *HENkaku/h-encore* on firmwares 3.60-3.68 in order to use this software. Firmwares 3.69 and 3.70 can use this software once a new hack is released.
- Your device's battery has be at least at 50%.
- All your plugins must be disabled, therefore you will not be able to launch the downgrader from a SD2VITA and hence, you must have a Memory Card (or Internal Storage).
- If you have installed IMCUnlock by SKGleba, it is recommended to uninstall it first before attempting to downgrade.
1. Install modoru.
2. Obtain the `PSP2UPDAT.PUP` file of your desired firmware (make sure that this firmware is officially hackable) and place it at `ux0:app/MODORU000/PSP2UPDAT.PUP` (don't install `modoru.vpk` afterwards, otherwise the update file will be removed).
3. Disable all your plugins. Easiest way is renaming `ux0:tai` and `ur0:tai` to some other name.
4. Reboot your device and relaunch *HENkaku/h-encore*.
5. Launch the *modoru* application and follow the instructions on screen.
6. Enjoy the installation and welcome to your favourite firmware.
- Q: Where can I find and download firmwares?
A: Here is a nice collection by darthsternie: PS Vita Firmwares(https://darthsternie.net/index.php/ps-vita-firmwares/). Make sure you download the firmware from the `Complete Official Firmwares` section.
- Q: There are 3 different PUP files in the archive, which one do I need?
A: There are packages with (pre), (systemdata) and (full). You should choose the full one.
- Q: Can I downgrade my 3.69/3.70 device using this tool?
A: Yes, but not yet. You'll need to wait until the next exploit chain is released.
- Q: My factory firmware is higher than 3.65 and *modoru* doesn't allow me to downgrade to 3.60/3.65.
A: Unfortunately, there are some devices with factory firmware above 3.65. These cannot be downgraded (yet). This means no bootloader hack for you.
- Q: Can I downgrade my device to 3.60/3.65 and then install ens??
A: Yes, that's the main goal of this tool.
- Q: Can I downgrade my testkit/devkit?
A: It has not been tested yet, but you can very likely do it. You should even be able to go lower than firmware 1.692, which is officially inhibited.
- Q: How low can I downgrade?
A: You can go down to your factory firmware (this is highlighted in yellow within *modoru*).
- Q: Can I use this tool to update or reinstall my firmware?
A: Yes, you can downgrade, update or reinstall any firmware using this tool.
- Q: Is there a chance of bricking?
A: Not likely, since this application is using the official updater and only makes a few harmless patches to bypass some checks.
If you like my work and want to support future projects, you can make a donation:
- via bitcoin `361jRJtjppd2iyaAhBGjf9GUCWnunxtZ49`
- via paypal(https://www.paypal.me/flowsupport/20)
- via patreon(https://www.patreon.com/TheOfficialFloW)
- Thanks to Freakler for the LiveArea design.
- Thanks to liblor for the name suggestion.
- Thanks to yifanlu for prior research on downgrading.
- Thanks to molecule for SCE decryption utilities.
- Thanks to SKGleba for betatesting.
The Wiki Homebrew project, was born as a way to have a collection of all the homebrews of a specific scene, since the time of the PSP scene, it was tried to do through ONEinstaller, even though the project was ambiguous worked perfectly to have a collection of all the homebrews, even though it was finally removed a year later due to several problems with the database,
Now comes back with the idea again to collect as much as possible in a single site, PSVita homebrews, but focusing on adding possible descriptions and changelogs, in addition to own captures and other details, does not try to compete with other existing bases but distinguished by being different.