VitaShell is an alternative replacement of the PS Vita's LiveArea. It offers you a file manager, package installer, built-in FTP and much more.
This homebrew was an entry of the Revitalize PS Vita homebrew competition and won the first prize. HENkaku's molecularShell is also based on VitaShell.
- Team Molecule for HENkaku
- xerpi for ftpvitalib and vita2dlib
- wololo for the Revitalize contest
- sakya for Lightmp3
- Everybody who contributed on vitasdk
- Reverted PSM refresh due to crashes.
- Added ability to refresh PSM games. Thanks to KuromeSan.
- Added support for FW 3.57 and 3.73 Thanks to RealYoti.
- Added support for FW 3.71/3.72
- Improved "Refresh LiveArea". Thanks to TheRadziu.
- Added support for symlinks which enables ability to set and show bookmarks and recent files. Thanks to abertschi.
- Added a few shortcuts: left+: show bookmarks, left+/\: show recent files, left+O: QR scanner.
- Fixed bug in ad-hoc dialog where X is always the enter button.
- Added ability to skip pages in file browser and SFO viewer using L/R triggers.
(QR download has been temporarily removed and will be reimplemented later).
- Added ability to move files between partitions by copying&removing.
- Fixed bug where the option to disable warning message was not saved.
- Undone usb changes because people reported an issue with vpk installation with it.
- Added option to disable warning messages when installing vpks.
- Fixed bug in USB connection, where your Memory Card could be corrupted.
- Fixed line breaks in SFO files and long names will now scroll.
- Fixed compatibility with `udcd_uvc.skprx ` thanks to xerpi.
- Added ability to umount all partitions that you can mount.
- Fixed crash when using StorageMgr.
- Added xmc0: to partition list and added ability to mount xmc0:.
- Fixed ux0: mounting bug where it wasn't detected that the gamesd has already been mounted.
- Added ability to mount gamesd ux0:
- Fixed bug where the VitaShell kernel module was loaded but not started, thus it'd run out of memory after some launches.
- Added ability to create new files, thanks to abertschi.
- Added ability to skip last dir by holding L on startup.
- Added support for firmware 3.68.
Custom Firmware 6.61 Adrenaline for the PSP Emulator
Adrenaline v06.90 by TheFloW
Adrenaline is a software that modifies the official PSP Emulator using taiHEN CFW framework, to make it run a PSP 6.61 custom firmware. Thanks to the power of taiHEN, Adrenaline can inject custom code into the IPL which allows unsigned code to run at boottime.
2. Launch Adrenaline and press [cross] to download the 6.61 firmware. After finishing it will automatically terminate.
3. Relaunch Adrenaline, this time it will go into pspemu mode. Follow the instructions on screen.
How to update
If you have already been using Adrenaline and want to quickly update, simply open Adrenaline.vpk as zip file and copy all modules from sce_module to ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module.
Getting rid of double launch bug
Adrenaline has been redesigned in `6.61 Adrenaline-6`, so you'd need to launch Adrenaline twice everytime you reboot your device. To get rid of that, simply write this line to `*KERNEL`
- Added support for native resolution patches.
- Added sharp bilinear without scanlines filter. Thanks to rsn8887.
- Fixed PS1 slowdowns. Thanks to rsn8887.
- Fixed compatiblity with h-encore 2.0.
- Fixed compatiblity with udcd_uvc.skprx plugin.
- Added support for PS1 multiplayer on PS Vita using an upcoming DS3/DS4 plugin.
- Fixed bug from previous update that caused black screen in other DJ max games.
- Inferno driver was not included correcty, now it is.
- Tekken 6 can now be played with any CPU speed.
- Added updated inferno driver by codestation which improves performance of CSO reading.
- Added option to choose USB device.
- Added xmc0: option.
- Fixed stupid mistake that made DJ max portable 1 crash. *Install it again, because this has been added post-release*
- Fixed little bug in msfs.
- Removed savestate version restriction, old savestates will not disappear anymore.
- Added ability to fast forward in PS1 games by pressing [l]+[select].
- Fixed double launch bug when using without enso. You need to add the kernel module to config to do so.
- Added support for 3.68.
- Added ability to freely adjust the screen size to your desire in both psp and ps1 modes.
- Removed 'Screen Mode' and 'Screen Size' from menu.
- Improved Adrenaline Menu.
- Added f.lux by Rinnegatamante.
- Fixed PS1 framerate when using custom screen.
- Fixed bug where exiting a game with 'High memory layout' would crash.
- Fixed compatiblity with 'Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep' english patch, again.
*modoru* means "to go back" in Japanese and is a downgrader for the *PS Vita*.
- Your device must already run *HENkaku/h-encore* on firmwares 3.60-3.68 in order to use this software. Firmwares 3.69 and 3.70 can use this software once a new hack is released.
- Your device's battery has be at least at 50%.
- All your plugins must be disabled, therefore you will not be able to launch the downgrader from a SD2VITA and hence, you must have a Memory Card (or Internal Storage).
- If you have installed IMCUnlock by SKGleba, it is recommended to uninstall it first before attempting to downgrade.
1. Install modoru.
2. Obtain the `PSP2UPDAT.PUP` file of your desired firmware (make sure that this firmware is officially hackable) and place it at `ux0:app/MODORU000/PSP2UPDAT.PUP` (don't install `modoru.vpk` afterwards, otherwise the update file will be removed).
3. Disable all your plugins. Easiest way is renaming `ux0:tai` and `ur0:tai` to some other name.
4. Reboot your device and relaunch *HENkaku/h-encore*.
5. Launch the *modoru* application and follow the instructions on screen.
6. Enjoy the installation and welcome to your favourite firmware.
- Q: Where can I find and download firmwares?
A: Here is a nice collection by darthsternie: PS Vita Firmwares(https://darthsternie.net/index.php/ps-vita-firmwares/). Make sure you download the firmware from the `Complete Official Firmwares` section.
- Q: There are 3 different PUP files in the archive, which one do I need?
A: There are packages with (pre), (systemdata) and (full). You should choose the full one.
- Q: Can I downgrade my 3.69/3.70 device using this tool?
A: Yes, but not yet. You'll need to wait until the next exploit chain is released.
- Q: My factory firmware is higher than 3.65 and *modoru* doesn't allow me to downgrade to 3.60/3.65.
A: Unfortunately, there are some devices with factory firmware above 3.65. These cannot be downgraded (yet). This means no bootloader hack for you.
- Q: Can I downgrade my device to 3.60/3.65 and then install ens??
A: Yes, that's the main goal of this tool.
- Q: Can I downgrade my testkit/devkit?
A: It has not been tested yet, but you can very likely do it. You should even be able to go lower than firmware 1.692, which is officially inhibited.
- Q: How low can I downgrade?
A: You can go down to your factory firmware (this is highlighted in yellow within *modoru*).
- Q: Can I use this tool to update or reinstall my firmware?
A: Yes, you can downgrade, update or reinstall any firmware using this tool.
- Q: Is there a chance of bricking?
A: Not likely, since this application is using the official updater and only makes a few harmless patches to bypass some checks.
If you like my work and want to support future projects, you can make a donation:
- via bitcoin `361jRJtjppd2iyaAhBGjf9GUCWnunxtZ49`
- via paypal(https://www.paypal.me/flowsupport/20)
- via patreon(https://www.patreon.com/TheOfficialFloW)
- Thanks to Freakler for the LiveArea design.
- Thanks to liblor for the name suggestion.
- Thanks to yifanlu for prior research on downgrading.
- Thanks to molecule for SCE decryption utilities.
- Thanks to SKGleba for betatesting.
If you haven't played Reversi/Othello before, you have definitely missed something in your childhood.
But it's never too late, launch this homebrew immediately!
You will quickly understand the game, and soon you will develop your own tactics to defeat the AI or your friend.
You can control the entire game using the touchscreen, buttons, or both combined.
- Single player in-game
Use either the digital pad or the left analog stick to use the board cursor. Press X to put a new piece.
- Multiplayer in-game
For purple, the player on the left side of the PS Vita, use either the digital pad or the left analog stick to use the board cursor. Press L to put a new piece.
For green, the player on the right side of the PS Vita, use either /\, O, X,  or the right analog stick to use the board cursor. Press R to put a new piece.
- Pause menu
Press START to open the pause menu. To close, either press START again or O.
- Added spanish, polish and dutch translation.
- Thanks to yifanlu for Rejuvenate
- Thanks to xerpi for vita2dlib
- Thanks to 'Ash Pikachu' on dafont.com for the eurocaps font
The Wiki Homebrew project, was born as a way to have a collection of all the homebrews of a specific scene, since the time of the PSP scene, it was tried to do through ONEinstaller, even though the project was ambiguous worked perfectly to have a collection of all the homebrews, even though it was finally removed a year later due to several problems with the database,
Now comes back with the idea again to collect as much as possible in a single site, PSVita homebrews, but focusing on adding possible descriptions and changelogs, in addition to own captures and other details, does not try to compete with other existing bases but distinguished by being different.